Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy 2009!

This is our first blog for the year! Wow...what a blessing last year was. We had so many life changing events that we experienced in 2008. I graduated from nursing school, got my first job, and moved away from home for good. 2008 was also the year of two of the most important life events for our family....Gabe and I married, and we welcome a precious baby boy, Ford! So needless to say, this past year was amazing in that sense. In another sense, it was a hard year full of sickness and surgeries. I now think our family is getting healthy and back on tract, but it took some time! Now all I have is thanksgiving in my heart to God for blessing our family so much in 2008. I only hope 2009 can bring as much joy as I have felt this past year!

This year to celebrate the New Year, we drove down to Tim's Ford lake to stay at the Martin's lake house. It is so fun to be there. It is decorated to pretty, and I always feel like I am at a bed a breakfeast or a little retreat! Adam and Anna were there and a couple, Lindsey and Jeremy. We had a wonderful time. We of course took Ford, and he had fun too being the center of attention. On New Year's Day we drove back home and ate dinner at both sets of parents house. I love spending New Years with our families! What a wonderful way to start the new year!


The beautiful lake

3 comments:

Missy said...

I hope you are blessed with lots more blessings this year!! Happy New year!

Zach and Kim said...

what an eventful year! Gabe is a cutie!What days do you work?
Kim

Julie said...

Happy 2009! YOu are going to have so much fun with Ford this year! Being a parent is the best blessing!